Summer is in full swing and I am SO happy 😁 Even living in Hawaii with 365 days of “summer”, there is just something about those few months that are happier than the rest! Longer days, summer vacations, new swimsuits… PLUS, summer time = fruity yummy drinks! I created a summery strawberry lemonade that is sweetened with just honey and natural fruity goodness! It is MADE for sunset watching and summertime barbecues and can be switched up according to your preferences …more honey for sweet-tooths, prosecco added for extra fun, or raspberries in place of strawberries!
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice (about 7 lemons)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a small pot, warm honey and 1 cup of water, stirring to dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Purée the strawberries and add to water and honey mixture.
- Pour in the lemon juice.
- Stir it up!
- Pour it into a pitcher and add 5 cups of cold water. Stir again, taste test, and enjoy!!
Hope ya’ll enjoy it! If you try the recipe, snap a photo, tag me on Insta (@gretchen_altman) and use #sugarandsaige to let me know how it turned out!